Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Food/Exercise Log

I'm going to start logging my daily or near-daily menu (depending on how crazy that day is with the two kiddos!) and exercise routine. 

I probably exercise 10-30 minutes a day, depending on what I can sneak in.  But I always try to get something in.  I usually aim for 10-15 minutes of weights/resistance/body resistance while Bijon naps and Noah has quiet time and then some kind of light cardio with the kids.  I have learned that daily exercise fills me up and makes me a better mom, so I make it a priority and schedule it in, even if it's only for a few minutes.  If the kids need me, the session is cut short but I always feel better that I at least tried.  And I can always count on a daily walk if all else fails with Bijon sleeping in the Moby wrap and Noah gets to ride his scooter alongside us.  And I figure I must be burning some extra calories too while doing errands and chores with Bijon in the sling or Moby wrap most of the day!

As far as cardio goes, daily walks are always easy to sneak in and I just got a stationary recumbent bike (thanks mom!) off of Craigslist for an unbelievable price, which I will hop on here and there while I'm nursing Bijon.  My husband walks in the room and laughs :)  Bijon loves it because it jiggles him a little bit and I get some exercise in while bonding with him LOL!  Twice a week, I will do sprints on the stationary bike, which only takes 15-20 minutes.  I learned about the benefits of sprinting from Mark's Daily Apple and Dr. Mercola's articles on Peak 8 fitness.  According to Mark Sisson and Dr. Mercola, two to three short sprint sessions a week are far more beneficial than endless hours of cardio.  And Mark Sisson was a marathon runner; go figure!

So here's the menu for today:

Breakfast: 

2 slices roast beef, slice of paleo banana bread (recipe coming), green tea with stevia

Snack: 

Dr. Mercola Cocoa Cassava Bar

Lunch: 

salad made with spinach, brocolli/carrot slaw, grass-fed ground beef, salsa, dollop of sour cream, and 1/2 avocado (no dressing)

Snack: 

handful almonds, 1/2 apple

Dinner: 

Wild turbo fish with a shitload of broccoli on the side with butter

Dessert: 

Extra dark chocolate square dipped in peanut butter

Exercise:

10 minutes on recumbent bike

1. plank 45-60 seconds
2. 25 standing side leg lifts while balancing on one leg, each side
3. 15 squats
4. 25 donkey kicks each leg
5. repeat the above four exercises three times total (I complete the above as a circuit with no breaks in between exercises or sets; so I am going strong with max effort for 10-15 minutes to complete this routine)
6. 40 inner thigh leg lifts each leg

No comments:

Post a Comment