Friday, December 9, 2011

Salmon Cakes with Mayo Sauce

OK, call me an overachiever.  I made salmon cakes for my boys for lunch today.  But they were really easy, I promise!

Ingredients:

*about 8 ounces of cooked salmon (I used canned wild salmon from Vital Choice)
*2 eggs
*1 tsp coconut flour
*1/4 red onion, finely diced
*2 cloves pressed garlic
*1 tsp dill
*1 tsp tomato paste
*2 tsp dijon mustard
*salt and pepper to taste
*coconut oil or butter for frying

Sauce Ingredients:

*mayonaise (I use Wilderness Family Naturals brand)
*Sweetener of your chocie to taste. (I use Stevita Supreme)

Directions:

1.  Place all ingredients except salmon in a bowl and mix well.
2.  Mash salmon and add to mixture to thoroughly combine.
3.  Oil or butter a pan or griddle over medium heat.
4.  Ladle about 1/4 cup mixture for each cake onto griddle.  Flatten each cake with the back of the ladle and form into a pancake.  Each cake will be about 4 inches in diameter.  This recipe makes 4-5 cakes.
5.  Brown each cake and then flip to brown the other side.
6.  Mix mayonaise and stevia together.  How much you use of each will depend on your personal taste preference.
7. Spoon mayo mixture over each cake.  Serve and enjoy!

P.S.  I plan to start adding pictures real soon.  This blog needs some color!

No comments:

Post a Comment