Sunday, November 7, 2010

Primal Custard Recipe

Oops I did it again.  I stole another recipe from the SoG (Son of Grok) to share with you all.  I was really craving something creamy yet light for dessert the other night so I decided to bake up some of the SoG's yummy Caveman Custard.  I've made it once before and it was so-so (didn't really hit the spot for what I was craving) so this time I decided to add another banana for sweetness.  Ooooh it's good.  I'm eating some right now in-between typing :)  I love how easy all his recipes are too! 

Here's the recipe:

Dairy Free, No Sugar Added Custard



Do you miss puddings and custards in your primal world? We have a local egg custard here known as “Flan” and for some weird reason, I have been craving it. Here is a custard recipe that I have been putting together. I finally got the proportions perfectly where I like them. If you like yours sweeter, all you need to do is add more bananas! This recipe is about as simple as it gets.


Ingredients:

- 2 bananas (I added 3 this time and liked it better than with 2)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- Cinnamon

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients except for cinnamon in a mixer and mix well.

2. Pour into custard or souffle cups (coffee cups or other oven safe containers work fine if you don’t have custard cups).  ( I just used an 8 x 8 baking dish coated with coconut oil cooking spray)

3. Sprinkle top with cinnamon.

4. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for approx 45 minutes. Custard will balloon a bit and you may see some liquid… its ok, it will work itself out.

5. Chill.

6. Serve and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment