Monday, February 1, 2010

Guilt-free primal dessert recipe: Gorilla Cake

...courtesy of Son of Grok.  Check out his Primal Blueprint success story here.  Totally inspiring!

I'll admit it.  I LOVE dessert.  Seriously.  Who doesn't.  With the exception of a birthday cake or other special occasion, I've stuck to finding healthy, primal recipes to curb my sweet tooth when it sneaks up on me.  This one's gooooood.  Even the hubby who despises both banana and coconut couldn't stop picking at it.  And the best part is, it's grain-free and gets its sweetness naturally from bananas!  Hooray!

I am going to make this one for my lovely friend Kristina's birthday.  I think I will add some whipped raw cream.  Yum.  I hope she likes it as much as I do :)

Here it is, taken from Son of Grok's site:

Ingredients:

Crust

- Dash of Cinnamon
- 2 Tblspoons organic butter (or coconut oil if you prefer)
- .5-1 cup almond flour

Filling

- 3 bananas
- 2.5 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- Dash of cinnamon

Directions:

Crust

1. Melt butter or oil and mix almond flour and a dash of cinnamon into a dough.
2. Press your dough very thinly into your baking pan.

Filling

1. Process 2 of the cups of shredded coconut until fine. (I used my food processor.
2. Combine fine coconut, unprocessed coconut, bananas and eggs in a mixer (I was trying out my new kitchen aid) Mix until liquid pudding texture. (if you don’t have a kitchen aid, you may need to uses a blender or processor to goo up your nanners.

Put it together

1. Pour your filling into your pan with your crust
2. Sprinkle top with a dash of cinnamon
3. Bake at 350 degrees until done (mine took about 30 minutes).
4. Serve warm or cold! Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment