Monday, February 1, 2010

Setting Us Up For Success

Every Sunday, I score major points with the hubby by whipping up a bunch of yummy, healthy, primal food to get us through the week.  It has helped us stay on track with eating healthily by having a refrigerator full of already-prepared snacks and mini meals to grab for during the day when we're hungry.  Plus, Simon saves money and time by bringing his lunch and snacks to work every day. 

Here's a list of what I made this week:
  • No-bean chili with organic, grass-fed ground beef and chopped up bacon
  • Crust-less quiche to last the whole week made with eggs (of course), full-fat coconut milk, chopped up kale and bacon (Can you tell I'm craving bacon?)
  • One Dozen hard-boiled eggs
  • Enough salad for each of us to eat every day for lunch.  This week I used romaine lettuce, chopped apples, zucchini, cucumber, tomato, red bell peppers, and diced turkey.  We just pour on olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dress it up. 
  • Six chicken drumsticks
The time and effort I put into making these foods has helped us tremendously and I actually look forward to doing it each week.  It makes me feel good when I open the refrigerator and see all the yummy food I prepared with love and care.  Plus it saves me time and headache during the week when I just don't have the energy to whip up something fresh and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment