Thursday, January 27, 2011

Paleo Banana Bread Recipe - Gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free

Every week, I make a little primal "treat" to keep on hand for my sweet tooth that tends to sneak up.  The last couple weeks, I have been really into a banana bread recipe I adapted from this one.  I basically just lowered the honey content, added an extra banana, and used coconut oil instead of grapeseed oil.  My hubby tried it and said it was super moist and tasted like it had a stick of butter in it!

Here it is:

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups blanched almond flour
  • ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 tbsp raw honey
  • ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
  • 3 eggs, whisked
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2-3 very ripe bananas (about one cup) mashed
Directions:

1.In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, salt and baking soda

2.In a smaller bowl, combine honey, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla, then stir in bananas

3.Mix wet ingredients into dry

4.Place batter in either a cake pan or two small 7.5″ x 3.5″ loaf pans

5.Bake at 350° for 40 minutes (mine was done in 30 minutes)

6.Remove from oven and allow to cool

Serves 12

No comments:

Post a Comment