Sunday, May 29, 2011

Paleo "Orange Bang" Recipe

We often get take out on the weekend from this amazing local Mexican food restaurant and my son loves to get an Orange Bang whenever we go there.  We usually let him get whatever he wants to eat when we dine out or hang out with friends, but keep his food options primarily paleo at home. 

For those of you unfamiliar with Orange Bang, it's a sweet, orangey, creamy beverage and unfortunately I think they put crack in it as well because my son acts like A TOTAL CRACK-HEAD after he finishes it.  Oy.

So anyway, today I was picking up take out from said restaurant for the boys and decided I was not in the mood for the mini meltdown that ensues after my son consumes Orange Bang.  I knew he was going to be disappointed when I came home without one, so I decided I was going to dream up a paleo version on the drive home. 

This is what I came up with and this was my son's response, "WOW mommy, it's Orange Bang, just like we get. YUM!" Nuff said.

Ingredients:

-1 cup full fat coconut milk
-1 large orange
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tbsp raw honey (optional; local is best)
-1 cup ice

Directions:

1.  Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds.
2.  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment