Monday, June 6, 2011

Green Your Pits

I've pretty much switched all my beauty and hygiene products for eco-friendly, safe ones.  But there is one product I keep going back to, and that would be my not-so-safe deodorant.  I've tried pretty much all of the natural ones out there, and I've come to the conclusion that I am just a stinky, sweaty girl because none of them last all day on me, heck, not even half the day.  I found a couple that work OK, but after a few weeks of using them, along with the sometimes days on end I rely on whore baths to stay clean-smelling (I do have a six month old and am homeschooling a five year old, ya know; showers aren't really a priority some days just between you and me), I end up succumbing to the deodorant with yucky ingredients just so I can avoid my own stench.

What's so wrong with the yucky-ingredient containing deodorant/antiperspirant?  Oh, I'm so glad you asked.  Let's see here, let me go check with good ol' Dr. Mercola.  He'll surely have a thorough, frenzy producing answer for you...

Ah, yes, here we go:  http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2007/09/20/does-your-antiperspirant-cause-breast-cancer.aspx

So basically deodorants and antiperspirants containing aluminum and parabens are linked to breast cancer and alzheimer's disease.  Awesome!

Well, never fear because I have finally found a natural deodorant solution that ACTUALLY WORKS.  I am beyond excited!

Here we go:

1.  Roll on Herbal Magic deodorant:



2.  After the Herbal Magic dries, sprinkle some Honeybee Gardens deodorant powder on top of that:


3.  Face the world with confidence:




No comments:

Post a Comment